Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Gift & The Curse of Time



Today I'm heading to an event for entrepreneurs then to lunch with a fellow entrepreneur who I may partner with. Then it's on Toastmasters and then to the office for a little work before relaxing at home.

As I plan my days over the next few weeks and into the first part of 2010, I'm realizing how incredibly important TIME is. How do you manage your time? I witness many people allowing their lives to float by...always waiting for the future or the weekend so that they can be happy and have permission to live the lives they want to live.

I read Napoleon Hill's book, The Law of Success, earlier this year and in it he discussed the increasing importance of time. Time really IS the most important thing we have - we can't get it back and as it wears on, it tells on us. It reveals age, intentions, growth, dedication, and a host of other things.

I have committed to finding PRODUCTIVE ways to spend my time through the remainder of the year and definitely in 2010. I have a lot on my plate for next year, and while I'm super excited, I realize that I have to commit to managing my time wisely and making things happen for myself and others.

Time is ticking...what choice will you make for YOUR time?

2 comments:

  1. 2 things...I love the little reaction checkboxes...how did you get those? and the other, this is so perfect given our conversation this evening! Productive use of time...so important..Thank you for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cari!
    Hmm...those were preset but I've changed the specs on the reactions. They're in your blog too. I'll have to talk you through it on the phone.

    And yes, TIME! It can be our best friend or worst enemy! :-)

    ReplyDelete