Monday, February 15, 2010

In the spirit of Valentine's Day...

Yesterday was Valentine's Day! I spent the day catching up on some personal things and enjoyed a nice outing. How was your day? I had a revelation about love and decided to share it with you here.

Over the years, I've become increasingly aware of the importance of self-love. I've begun to see that a healthy self-love and self-esteem truly inform many others areas of our lives.

So, how's your self-love looking these days? Is it sagging? Is it stronger than ever? Is it somewhere in the middle? No matter where it is, decide to do something special, just for you this week. I know we've all got commitments, but YOU are the most important person in the world to you (at least you should be). I know you immediately think, "No, Lisa, my kids should be." or "My spouse is."

Well, I'm telling you that you should be. Here's why: You can't give what you don't have. If you don't have love inside of yourself, you can't give love to anyone else. As you cultivate a strong relationship with yourself, you increase your capacity to be the loving person you want to be. You can only give what you have so fill up your internal well with all the good things you wish to be more of, and you'll find it easy to give those things to everyone around you.

L.O.V.E. - Letting Only Virtue Express

No comments:

Post a Comment